Male, #442, (about 1610 - 9 December 1677)
William Johnson|b. a 1610\nd. 9 Dec 1677|p442.htm|Richard Johnson||p24498.htm||||||||||||||||
William Johnson was a farmer and brick-maker.2,1,3 He was born about 1610 in Kent, England.1 He was the son of Richard Johnson.1 William, married Elizabeth Story.2,3 William Johnson and Elizabeth Story joined the church on 13 February 1634/35 in First Church, Charlestown, Suffolk County, Massachusetts.3,2,1,4,5 William Johnson became a freeman on 4 March 1634/35 in Charlestown, Suffolk County, Massachusetts.1,4 He served on 10 February 1650/51 in Charlestown, Suffolk County, Massachusetts, as a grave-digger.2 He served in 1657 in Charlestown, Suffolk County, Massachusetts, as a Constable.3,2 He deposed on 29 December 1657 in Charlestown, Suffolk County, Massachusetts, giving his age as 54 years.4 He left a will on 7 December 1677 in Charlestown, Suffolk County, Massachusetts.4,2,1,3 He died on Thursday, 9 December 1677 in Charlestown, Suffolk County, Massachusetts.3,1 His estate was probated on 2 April 1678 in Charlestown, Suffolk County, Massachusetts.2,3
- Ancestry of Robert Roy
Children of William Johnson and Elizabeth Story
- Lt. John Johnson+3,2,1,6 (a 1633 - 29 Aug 1708)
- Ruhamah Johnson+4,1,3 (21 Feb 1634/35 - )
- Joseph Johnson+4,3,2,7,1,8 (12 Feb 1636/37 - 18 Nov 1714)
- Elizabeth Johnson+4,1,3,9 (17 Mar 1639/40 - 14 Dec 1715)
- Jonathan Johnson+4,2,1,3 (14 Aug 1641 - 21 Apr 1712)
- Nathaniel Johnson+2,1,3 (a 1643 - b 10 Oct 1678)
- Zachariah Johnson+2,1,3 (27 Feb 1686/87 - a 12 Jun 1717)
- Isaac Johnson+2,1,3 (1649 - 31 Aug 1711)
- Johnson, G. W.. "William Johnson and His Descendants", The New England Historical Genealogical Register volume XXXIII (1879).
- Wyman, Thomas Bellows. The Genealogies and Estates of Charlestown, Massachusetts 1629-1818. 1879. Reprint Somersworth, New Hampshire: New England History Press, 1982.
- Hoyt, David W. The Old Families of Salisbury and Amesbury, Massachusetts, with some Related Families of Newbury, Haverhill, Ipswich, and Hampton, Three Volumes and Supplement in One Volume. volume III (1916). Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company, 1982).
- Pope, Charles Henry. The Pioneers of Massachusetts. 1900. Reprint Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company, 1981.
- Hunnewell, James F.. "The First Record-Book of the First Church in Charlestown, Massachusetts", The New England Genealogical and Historical Registger volume XXIII (1869).
- Greenlaw, William Prescott. "John Maverick and Some of his Descendants", The New England Historical and Genealogical Register volume XCII (July 1942).
- Richardson, Douglas. "The Tenney Family of Yarmouth, Massachusetts, and Some of His Descendants", The The New England Historical and Genelogical Register volume XLI (1997).
- Coolidge, Ruth M. Cook-Coolidge Genealogy. Brookline, Massachusetts: manuscript, 1983.
- Appleton, William S.. "Families of Weir or Wyer in New-England, Particularly of Charlestown, Mass.", The New England Historical and Genealogical Register volume XXIV (1871).